InnerRhythms Winter Showcase
A Holiday Mashup
TWO SHOWS! 2:00PM Matinee and 5:30PM Evening Show
Saturday, December 9, 2023
at Truckee High School Auditorium
*Seating is limited so please attend the one show that works best for your family.
Parking Info for Rehearsal and Performance DaysThere is plenty of parking in the front of the high school. The theater is accessed easily by entering the front doors and following the corridor straight ahead. *DO NOT park in the West Wing Parking lot as doors may not be unlocked that side of building.
Tech Rehearsal Info (Dec 8)
- Please arrive in costume with a wrap (a robe or an oversize t-shirt work well) over your costume to protect it.
- For tech rehearsal, please see “Performer Call Times” page (arranged by class title) for the exact time your performer should arrive at the High School.
- Upon arrival at Truckee High School for Friday rehearsal, proceed to theater and wait in audience seats until your group is called. You will find other dancers from your class in seats and you may gather with your group, as well. Your instructor will find your group and advise you/ give further instruction if needed.
- Upon completion of stage practice, students are free to leave.
Performance Day Family InformationFamilies are not expected to purchase tickets to both shows. Seating is limited so please attend the show that suits your family best. There will be plenty of adult volunteers chaperoning all children in the gym during and between both shows. Examples of what parents can do to navigate the afternoon/evening:
- Drop your dancer(s) off at the high school gym prior to matinee where chaperones will help get your child settled with their group.
- If you are attending the matinee, you may stay with your child until showtime if you wish. Upon completion of matinee, you may rejoin your dancer in the gym to assist them with a snack or purchase the light meal.
- At that point you are free to leave the high school and return for pick up after the evening show, as we will monitor all children in the gym for the duration of the afternoon/early evening. NO SMALL CHILDREN will be allowed to leave the gym and will only be allowed to use the restroom with a chaperone walking them.
- If you are attending the evening show, and prefer to stay with your child and/or volunteer as a chaperone during the matinee we welcome you! Sign up sheets are at the front desk at studio.
- If you are attending the matinee and wish to volunteer as a chaperone during the evening show we welcome you! Sign up sheets are at the front desk at studio.
Performance Day Performer Info (Dec 9)
- DANCERS SHOULD ARRIVE by 12:30pm on the day of show. **Minis can arrive at 1:30pm. **Please allow enough time for parking!
- Please defer to your dance instructor(s) for appropriate hair/makeup for your dancer’s performance.
- Be sure you have the appropriate tights (if requested for your costume) and appropriate shoes.
- Have your dancer bring a water bottle and snacks that will not stain their costume.
- We will have plenty of volunteers and teen dancers that can assist young dancers backstage as needed
- All dancers are to congregate and wait in the large gym during the show; we have several volunteers who will assist in walking them to and from the stage for performance times.
- Green Room is ONLY for high school-aged dancers who are performing in more than one piece for costume changing purposes.
- Elementary-aged dancers who require a costume change may change in the gym with the assistance of one of the adult chaperones. Privacy curtain will be provided. **Please let a chaperone know if your dancer is performing in more than one piece that requires a costume change.
- If your dancer has multiple costumes and/or activity items, we recommend using a laundry basket to hold their things.
- A light meal will be provided for dancers (and parents if desired) between shows for a cost of $5 per meal, payable at the venue.
- If your child wants to participate in bows at the end of the show, please have them stay in the gym through Act Two.
Performance Day Minis Info (Dec 9)
- Please arrive by 1:30pm, IN COSTUME and ready to perform
- Parents can stay in the gym with their dancers until showtime or if parents wish to find their seats early in the theater they may do so; there will be plenty of volunteers and teen dancers in the gym prior to the show.
- We encourage you to bring coloring books or activities your child may enjoy while awaiting the start of show.
- A light meal will be provided for dancers between shows for a cost of $5 payable at the venue
Performance Day Audience Info (Dec 9)
- Doors open 15 minutes before the show but we encourage audience members to arrive 30 minutes early to get seated.
- Show times 2:00PM and 5:30PM, Saturday December 9 at the Truckee High School Auditorium
- Address for High School is: 11725 Donner Pass Rd, Truckee, CA.
- Tickets can be purchased on the InnerRhythms website, in the studio at
front desk, OR at the door:
- $20 per adult
- $15 Senior Citizens, Military, Students
- Free: Children 5 and younger
- We will have single flowers and small bouquets available for purchase at the show. You can also pre-purchase and reserve your flowers online.
- $5.00 single flower arrangement
- $10.00 small bouquet
- Act One followed by an 15-minute intermission then by Act Two. Refreshments will be available during intermission.
- Duration of show including intermissions is estimated to be 2 hours.